Mindful Parenting (Circle of Security)
This 8-week parenting program draws on over 50 years of research in the areas of attachment and early childhood development.
This complex and important information is summarised into a simple, easy to understand graphic called the Circle of Security.
To be fully present and attuned to your child’s needs requires a certain level of mindful awareness. This program is unique in that incorporates the theory and practice of mindfulness into the Circle of Security program.
In this 8-week course, you will learn how to:
- understand your baby’s emotional world;
- identify the emotional needs that may be underlying your child’s behaviour;
- support your child’s ability to understand and manage their emotions;
- strengthen your skills in ‘tuning in’ and connecting with your child’s experience, allowing you to have a happier and more loving relationship;
- explore your baby or child’s needs within a safe, secure and supportive environment.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for parents/caregivers of infants and young children up to around the age of 5yrs.
The fee for this 8-week course is $395pp or $695 per couple (bring a friend to take advantage of the couple’s rate).
Next course commencing Friday 17th October 2014.
2 hours weekly for 8 weeks.
Venue: Living Wise Psychology
240 Waterworks Road
Ashgrove Qld 4051 (BRISBANE)
Time: 10am to 12noon
Dates: Friday mornings for 8 weeks