Crappy to Happy – The Workshop!
It’s finally here!
This full day workshop is fun and informative and might just change your life.
Throughout the day, I will teach you the most important things I know as a psychologist and a coach, about what is making you feel crappy (and what to do about that!) followed by what the science tells us about how to dramatically boost your own happiness.
You might be surprised to learn that what you think will make you happy is all wrong.
I will teach you:
- the truth about your happiness ‘set-point’ and how much is in your control
- how to deal with the stuff that makes you unhappy so it has less hold on you
- how mindfulness can dramatically improve your emotional health
- the simple things you can start doing immediately that will change your outlook and your mood
- how to deal with the inner critic who sucks the happiness out of you
- to create your own happiness blueprint and craft your happiness game plan!
No-one walks out of this workshop without a personal happiness action plan! It’s coming to a venue near you very soon, so if you want to be kept informed, get your name on my email list by signing up for the FREE ‘Crappy to Happy’ email course.
By the way – the email course is great (thousands of people who have done it will attest to that) but the full day workshop goes into way more detail and depth about the science of happiness! Don’t make the mistake of thinking it’s all covered in the email series. There is so much more to learn!
Want me to run it for your organisation?
I can do that!
Stress Less with Mindfulness
This 3hr workshop will introduce the key concepts of mindfulness and its power to free you from the negative, self-destructive thinking patterns which cause you to feel stressed, depressed and anxious.
The workshop will include plenty of opportunities to practice mindfulness and meditation as the only way to truly learn mindfulness is by doing it.
Learning to be more mindful will help you to:
- be more present in your life
- become less emotionally reactive
- develop more self-awareness (know your traps and triggers!)
- stay calm and grounded in the face of uncertainty
- tame your inner critic
- more easily ‘ride out’ the inevitable ups and downs of life
If you’ve heard about mindfulness and are interested in learning how you can access all of these benefits, I’d love to see you at this introductory workshop.
23 October 2016
43 Bamboo Road
2pm – 5pm
$66 inc GST
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
for Stress and Self-care
This MBCT course has been adapted specifically for those who would like to learn the benefits of mindfulness for managing stress and improving wellbeing. A separate class will be offered for those who have a history of depression or anxiety, but this particular class is for general wellbeing.
Mindfulness is the practice of cultivating non-judgmental awareness in day-to-day life. This increases the potential to experience each moment, no matter how difficult or intense, with greater ease and clarity.
MBCT is an 8-week program involving a 2-hour class each week, home practice between sessions and one full day ‘retreat’ between weeks 6 & 7. Building on the proven results of Jon Kabat-Zinn’s groundbreaking Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program, MBCT was developed with the aim of reducing the risk of relapse in people who suffer from recurrent depression.
A vast research literature has found MBCT to be an effective intervention for people experiencing depression, anxiety, stress and other chronic mood complaints.
MBCT may be beneficial for anyone who:
- Would like to learn ways to better tolerate and cope with depression, anxiety or stress
- Is interested in being more present in their lives rather than living in the past and future
- Would like to see their own negative thought patterns more clearly, in order to recognise ‘early warning signs’ when a spiral of low mood might be starting.
You do not need to have any prior experience of meditation to join in this class.
MBCT for STRESS
2 hours weekly for 8 weeks.
SUNSHINE COAST VENUE
to be confirmed
Circle of Security
This parenting program draws on over 50 years of research in the areas of attachment and early childhood development.
This complex and important information is summarised into a simple, easy to understand graphic called the Circle of Security. To be fully present and attuned to your child’s needs requires a certain level of mindful awareness. This program is unique in that incorporates the theory and practice of mindfulness into the Circle of Security program. In this condensed 4-week course, you will learn how to:
- understand your baby’s emotional world;
- identify the emotional needs that may be underlying your child’s behaviour;
- support your child’s ability to understand and manage their emotions;
- strengthen your skills in ‘tuning in’ and connecting with your child’s experience, allowing you to have a happier and more loving relationship;
- explore your baby or child’s needs within a safe, secure and supportive environment.
This course is suitable for parents/caregivers of infants and young children up to around the age of 5yrs.
Next course TBA
I will be offering weekend-long wellbeing retreats in a relaxed, resort-style environment within a short drive from Brisbane CBD.
These retreats will have a focus on mindfulness practice and self-compassion and teach practical skills for optimising your well-being, reducing stress and living more fully.
Retreat pricing will include accommodation, organic meals and all instruction as well as take-home materials.
Self-care isn’t a luxury, it’s a necessity and I would encourage you to consider this fantastic opportunity. More details will be posted as they come to hand, or sign up for my newsletter to be the first to hear about important events and offerings!
Dates and prices TBA